Friday, October 23, 2009

Our Interesting Evening, er, night, er, Morning...

It all started with Mumzie making some Blueberry scones. After taking a few pictures of her making them, I went to bed. Then, a while later, when I was just getting ready to fall asleep, the smoke alarm in my room went off. I open my door (probably looking like a wild woman who had a bad hair day) to find...

..Daddy trying to quiet the smoke alarm (the smoke alarm is direct-wired into the electrical system and we didn't know which breaker it was on to shut it off)...

..And Mumzie taking care of a fire in the oven!





An interesting site indeed




The reason of all the problems. Too much butter. Can you see it?



Cleaning out the oven and putting together the next batch (we are waiting to bake them until we go to bed and wake up :D)


Daddy looking at both of my sister's blogs while we wait for the oven to cool down



Waiting to get put in the freezer



Clean, clean, clean...


..And clean some more!



When I wasn't taking pictures, I was putting the scones on a better cooking sheet. Please take note of the date and time! :D


~S~
The Wide-Awake Morton Maiden

6 comments:

  1. Oh. my! What an *adventure*! I do hope you were finally able to get enough rest.

    So, Katie has a blog now, too? I'd love to see it. Could you send me the link? And Megan's as well. When my computer crashed I lost both...

    Sending you a big hug!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear!!!

    We had a similar incident last week (while Mama and Daddy were in Natchez, of course) that involved chocolate eclairs instead of the scones. We about ran the poor dog out of the house with all the smoke! :-}

    I'm sure your scones tasted delicious in the end! Now that you've reminded me, we're going to have to make some too!

    Love ya,
    Squirrely #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) My smoke alarm goes off nearly every time I turn the oven over 400, and it is also wired in so can't be turned off. Just have to turn on the exhaust fan and open windows till it "calms down"....!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D I have a (short) oven story soon to be posted too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morton fire response teams first words.

    "Quick get the camera and take some pictures"

    Call an electrician next time to find the breaker. lol
    Regards
    Kevin A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad things turned out OK. At least you don't have a boring existance. :D

    ReplyDelete