Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Weekend Away

Daddy, Mumzie and I spent a weekend away with Uncle David and Aunt Amy!




This is the house where my Grandpa grew up. Believe me, it did not look this way while Grandpa and his parents lived there! Such a pity.










After driving around a bit, we headed to one of my absolutely favorite places...









The Antique Mall!!






We thought this chair was so cute!




Daddy perusing through some old pictures







A beautiful chandelier







Now what would be a trip to the antique store without trying on a hat or two? :)









This is some jewelry that reminded me of my Great-Grandma









Art








Mumzie shopping around









Daddy, Uncle David and Aunt Amy looking at books








Book Art








Having Fun









Typewriter Art






Hm. This looks familiar. Does it remind anyone else of Cranford? Buttermilk seems to come to mind... :)






Art :)







It was more difficult trying to get a hat picture without Katie there :)






An old washing machine






An old refrigerator. Can you imagine having a freezer that small?







Heading back down the rickety stair case








Daddy did not know Uncle David was outside... :)











Daddy laughing once he realized that Uncle David was in the picture, too :)





Downtown









Art










After shopping around some more downtown, we headed to get some dinner at one of our favorite restaurants








Uncle David posing with the little dog that I always remembered seeing at this restaurant






Uncle David and Aunt Amy








The Landmark





The Carpenter's hand :)





Ceiling and Lights








Enjoying Dinner








Aunt Amy and I








Stopping at another shop





:)















Art








Sparkly lights









This band was playing some really great swing music!








Back at the room, Uncle David and Aunt Amy brought us some yummy smoothies!








Uncle David and Aunt Amy enjoying their smoothies




















In front of one of the best coffee shops













A sweet-looking dog by the coffee shop

Inside





Beautiful Hand-Made Lamps for sale in the coffee shop





Uncle David and Aunt Amy are deciding on which coffee beans they should get. The coffee beans are roasted right there in the coffee shop!








Art





My yummy mocha and seven-layer bar





Mumzie enjoying her coffee








Mmm








Happy Daddy








Laughter








Daddy and I with our drinks...wait a minute...my cup is bigger than Daddy's. How did that happen? I guess I needed four shots of espresso and Daddy just needed one... :)

4 comments:

  1. Wait a second... I thought you didn't like coffee. Mochas aren't enough like coffee to bother disliking them or did you change your mind? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...where to begin.....
    1. I can understand why you would post a "just driving by" picture of Grandpa's childhood home. The decorations are rather silly!

    2.The antique mall!!! So many memories there too!!! I really love the "art" shots of the chandelier and feet!!!!

    3.The Book shelves continue to be full at the antique mall!!! Too many volumes so little time!!

    4. "How I long to"....be drinking a nice, hot mocha from Innkeepers!!!! Oh, and I feel sorry for Dad if he had a daughter who inhaled 4 shots of espresso in one sitting!!! ;) Musthavebeennonstoptalkingforatleast3hours. "AAAAGGHHH. Oops. Sorry."

    5. I am curious to know how the carpenter can sleep at night...I mean...everyday working with his hands with all sorts of machinery that could do in any of his "soon-2-b-famous" fingers!!! What would that do to publicity???

    Love ya!
    ~K~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaac~
    Well, I wouldn't call it "changing my mind", I would call it "maturing tast-buds". :) Now please understand that I do not drink coffee without doctoring it up a bit, nor do I drink it every day. :)

    Kate~
    Believe me, I did NOT inhale 4 shots of espresso in one sitting, let alone one day! :D It was a staged photo, Daddy and I switched cups. :) The size cup that I ordered usually has 2 shots of espresso...I just asked for one. :)
    Thanks for all your comments, Kate! They made us laugh.


    ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post. Your photography and storytelling was imagination-capturing! Thanks!

    By the way... I found the blogs I asked about. Feelin' just a little silly. :)

    ReplyDelete