Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Trees, Wood, Sticks, More Wood....




Very sadly, we had to have four trees in our yard cut down. All in all, we had a week-long project cleaning up the wood. We are thankful to have had very apt helpers in our endeavor!



Brendan driving some sticks to a pile




Our handy-dandy tree men. They cut the trees down and we did the rest of the clean up from there.




Down comes a big piece!




TIMBERRRrrrrrrr




"Okay, Camera Girl, it's time for you to get to work!" :D

Observing....




...this. That, my friends, is a lot of leaves!




Great-Uncle John helps give some perspective on how big our oak tree was (and how hollow it was!). Unfortunately, we missed getting pictures/video of the huge oak coming down... let's just say it was amazing!




Mumzie








Uncle John was our saw cutter and log splitter




During dinner break, Brendan set up his army men




DQ snacks! Yum!







Aunt Patty getting a ride from Daddy








Aunt Bethie and the girls came to pick up Brendan




Brendan got to operate a log splitter for the first time




Eden looks scared :)




Our favorite part about the tree-cutting experience was getting to ride on the back of the trailer!





Log splitting on another day




Taking a break with Uncle John







Cousin I.G. also came over one day to help


A full trailer




Team work








Raking up little sticks




With I.G. there, we had a nice system of passing the wood :)




I.G. with his messy ice cream sandwich face :)




The day I.G. came was also the day Uncle John worked for 12 hours...almost everything was finished!




Mumzie making popcorn over the campfire




Enjoying a rest after a long day of work




To celebrate the completion of the tree work, we had dinner at IHOP!




This was my first time eating in an IHOP




A pleasant view on the way home

~S~
The Morton Maiden

P.S. Please forgive the huge spaces in-between pictures. I keep trying to fix them, but Blogger is not letting me!

2 comments:

  1. Ya know, I wish I coulda joined you folks. That looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Seeing the pictures of you guys doing all that hard work makes me feel tired! :) I bet it is so nice to have it all finished! :) :) :)

    Love,
    ~KT~

    ReplyDelete